Convinced of the added value that environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) criteria can deliver in the development of our portfolio companies, we are committed to a policy of responsible investment and have integrated ESG into our investment and monitoring processes.
Since 2010, the quality of our commitment to integrating our action in a responsible investment perspective has been rewarded several times, notably:
- by the PRI who awarded us an A rating following the answers that we brought to the 2014/15 questionnaire,
- by the specialised press, with Private Equity Magazine awarding us the 2015 Grand Prix for ESG and Sustainable Development.
OUR COMMITMENT WITHIN THE PROFESSION
Since 2011, we have been signatories of the United Nations’ Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI), and have subscribed to the Code of Ethics published by Europe Invest (former EVCA).
As a fully committed member of AFIC (Association Française des Investisseurs pour la Croissance), the French non-profit organization of growth-oriented investors, we are members of the ESG Steering Committee and play an active part in the operational working groups, as well as contributing to conferences and publications on ESG issues.
HOW WE BUILD OUR APPROACH TO ESG
After offering each of our team members the chance to approach and assimilate the ESG-related issues, we have built our internal processes by formally integrating ESG, notably by including:
- the ESG review of NiXEN II’s portfolio companies in 2012 in collaboration with an external expert;
- formal embodiment in our ESG Charter in 2013.
Four undertakings enshrined in this dedicated ESG Charter underpin our ESG action:
- ensure that ESG is a reality shared by our whole team, both day to day and as a business constant, in line with our values,
- systematically build ESG into our investment plans going forward,
- enrich our partnership approach to our portfolio companies by factoring in ESG and creating sustainable value,
- transparently and sincerely integrate ESG in our investor relations.
HOW WE IMPLEMENT OUR COMMITMENTS
All the team members contribute to the implementation of our ESG policy, notably through:
- the execution of a specific ESG audit prior to any new investment, with the help of an external expert,
- the support of the management teams in the implementation of ESG action plans defined jointly with NiXEN on the basis of issues that emerged from the prior ESG audit,
- our commitment to including ESG subjects on the agenda at the Board and Strategic Committee meetings of portfolio companies in which we have a majority interest, at least once yearly,
- sending a specific ESG questionnaire to our portfolio companies once yearly, contributing to our annual ESG review,
- our daily practice.
In December 2015, we decided to join the Initiative Carbone 2020 and to commit in fighting global warming alonsgside our portfolio companies.
Is a member of AFIC, especially active within the ESG Commission as member of the Steering Committee and contributor to operational work groups
Signed the United Nations’ Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI)
Joined in 2015 the Initiative Carbone 2020 dedicated to fighting global warming
Was awarded the Grand Prix for ESG and sustainable development by Private Equity Magazine